Preparing for Emergencies
What you can do to help you and your family to be prepared for a major incident, emergency or accident.
You should take time to find out or plan the following.
- Where and how to turn off water, gas and electric supplies into your home.
- The emergency procedures for your workplace and for your children at school.
- How your family will stay in contact in the event of an emergency.
- Plan a place to meet in the event of an incident.
- Ask a friend outside of the town to be a checkpoint that all members can contact to say they are safe.
- Remember if you have any elderly or vulnerable neighbours that they might need your help.
- Know how to tune in to your local radio / TV station.
- Put together an Emergency Supply Kit.
- Be aware of severe weather warnings: